Whoop, whoop! Keep up the good work.
Scroll right for recipes & down for 30 minute circuit training.
Fried Eggs w/ Sliced Tomato, Arugula & Lemon
- Pasture raised eggs, 2-3
- 1 tbsp grass-fed butter
- Handful of arugula
- Sliced heirloom tomato
- Fresh herbs such as basil, lemon thyme & parsley
> Pan fry eggs in ghee or butter over low heat.
> Drizzle arugula & tomatoes with EVOO, squeeze of lemon,
salt & pepper.
> Sprinkle eggs & salad with fresh herbs.
BRIDGE W/ CHEST PRESS
- Start by lying flat on your back with your knees bent. Your feet should be about hip-distance apart with your heels a few inches away from your butt.
- Press body weight into the heels of your feet.
- Hold a set of dumbbells in your hands.
- Lift your hips up while squeezing your glutes, creating one diagonal line from your shoulders to your knees.
- Holding the bridge position, bring your arms out to your sides and bend your elbows to 90 degrees, so that your hands are towards the ceiling.
- Push dumbbells over your chest until they almost touch and slowly lower them back down.
- Lower hips until they almost touch mat.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart with a dumbbell in each hand. - Have your palms facing in and elbows bent so hands are at your shoulders.
- Hinge your hips back and lower into a squat. Go as low as you can making sure toes infant of the knee.
- Then push through your heels to stand and press dumbbells overhead in one movement.
- Return to squat and repeat.
STEP UP INTO REVERSE LUNGE
- Stand in front of a box or step, about one foot away.
- Step up with your left foot pushing weight into heel and drive your right knee up towards your chest.
- Step your right foot back to the starting position and step your left back into a lunge, lowering your knee toward the ground (make sure your right knee doesn't go past your right toes).
- Step your left leg back onto the step or box to repeat the movement.
- Now repeat on the other side.
- Start in high plank. Shoulders aligned with wrist.
- Keeping your core engaged, jump your feet out and in (like jumping jacks).
- You can also do this exercise on your forearms.
OVERHEAD TRICEP EXTENSION
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart. Hold the middle of a dumbbell in both hands behind your neck, elbows bent and pointing towards the sky, upper arms should be by your ears.
- Without moving your upper arms, extend your forearms above your head. Keep your shoulders down and core tight.
- Lower your forearms to the starting position.
- Add a slight bend to knee if it strains lower back.
JUMP ROPE /
MOCK JUMP ROPE
- Start standing with your feet hip-distance apart.
- Jump a few inches off the ground and land on the balls of your feet with soft knees.
- Repeat at a fast pace.
- Mock Jump Rope: Imitate movements as if you're using a jump rope.
- Mimic the wrist motion like you're swinging a rope.