You're almost there! Don't you feel amazing?
Now let's keep the momentum going through the weekend!
Scroll right for recipes & down for 30 minute circuit training.
Almond Butter & Banana Pancakes
- 2 bananas
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Dash of sea salt
- 3 tbsp grass-fed butter or coconut oil
Optional: blueberries, coconut flakes, chia seeds, sliced almonds
> Combine all ingredients (except butter/oil) in a blender and blend until smooth.
> Melt 1.5 tbsp butter/oil on a skillet over medium heat. Once pan is hot, pour batter onto skillet in 3-4 inch circles.
> Cook for approx 3 min each side.
> Turn down heat if oil starts to burn.
cook until lightly browned, flip over and cook until other side is lightly browned.
> Top with your favorite pancake toppings and enjoy! No need for syrup, these cakes are sweet enough as is.
*Save and store any leftover cakes in fridge. Pop them in the toaster to reheat and spread with avocado, butter, almond butter & jam. Yum!
- Start in high plank, holding your weights in your hands.
- Row your left arm up, keeping it close to your body.
- Bring your left arm back to the starting position and repeat with your right arm.
- Keep core tight and remember to breathe.
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than hip-distance apart.
- Bend your knees and sit your butt back, keeping your chest upright.
- Jump up into the air as high as you can. Land softly, immediately lowering into the next rep.
- Keeping the upper arms perpendicular to the ground, lower the weight downwards with forearms to bring the dumbbell to the forehead.
- Stop right before the forehead.
- Reverse the movement by extending the arms back to the starting position.
- Do not lock out elbows at the top of the exercise.
- Hold dumbbell on each side (not the middle).
Glute Kick Ups
- Kneel on the floor or on an exercise mat with your arms extended in front of you. You should be in a kneeling push-up position with your arms shoulder width apart.
- Lift your right leg until your hamstrings are in line with your back. Contract your glutes while performing this part of the exercise and hold the contraction at the top for a second.
- Return to the starting position and repeat the process with your left leg.
- Alternate legs throughout set.
*Tip: the bottom of your foot should be flat and and facing the roof or sky.
Single Dead Lift
- Stand balancing on your right leg and hold a dumbbell/kettlebell with your left hand in front of your thigh.
- Sit your hips back as if you were being pulled by a rope attached to your waist, and allow your right knee to bend slightly. Your left leg should be straight (it's OK if there's a slight bend in the knee) and in line with your body throughout the rep.
- Keeping your back flat, continue to bend at the waist until the dumbbell is at about mid-shin height (this ultimately depends on your hamstring flexibility).
- Drive through your heel and push your hips forward to stand up to the starting position.
Double Pulse Sumo Squats
- Stand with your feet wider than hip-width apart.
- Angle the toes out and away from the center of your body.
- Bend the knees and the hips to lower into your squat, squeezing your glutes at the bottom of the move.
- Be mindful to keep your back neutral and long, drawing the tailbone straight down to the floor each time.
- Avoid allowing your knees to go out beyond your toes or allowing your upper torso to lean forward.
- Once lowered, press up to standing, driving up through your heels.
- Start lying flat on your back with your knees bent, and your heels a few inches away from your butt.
- Lift your hips up, press weight into heels, then lower them back down hovering over the ground.
- Add a band above the knee for a more intense burn.