Happy Hump Day! You are on a roll.
Scroll right for recipes & down for 30 minute circuit training.
- Jumping jacks shoulder press
Stand with your feet together and dumbbell at chest level.
- Jump your feet out and bring your arms above your head simultaneously.
- Jump your feet back together and bring your arms/weight back to center of chest.
- Continue repeating quickly.
FRONT LUNGE / REVERSE LUNGE
- Keep your upper body straight, with your shoulders back and relaxed and chin up (pick a point to stare at in front of you so you don't keep looking down). Always engage your core.
- Step forward with one leg, lowering your hips until both knees are bent at about a 90-degree angle.
- Make sure your front knee is directly above your ankle, not pushed out too far, and make sure your other knee doesn't touch the floor. - Keep the weight in your heels as you push back up to the starting position.
- Now with same leg take a big step backwards, dropping the back knee to the ground.
- Make sure the front knee is directing above the ankle and not over the toe.
BICEP CURL SQUAT
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, your knees slightly bent and your abs drawn in.
- Grasp a dumbbell in each hand and curl your arms by bending at the elbows, bringing your wrists to your shoulders, and keeping your elbows in a locked position.
- Extend your arms and return the dumbbells to the starting position at your sides.
- While bending at the waist, squat down and descend until thighs are just past parallel to floor.
- Return to the starting position by extending your knees and hips until your legs are straight.
GLUTE KICK UPS
- Kneel on the floor or on an exercise mat with your arms extended in front of you. You should be in a kneeling push-up position with your arms shoulder width apart.
- Lift your right leg until your hamstrings are in line with your back. - Contract your glutes while performing this part of the exercise and hold the contraction at the top for a second.
- Return to the starting position and repeat the process with your left leg.
- Alternate legs throughout set.
*Tip: the bottom of your foot should be flat and and facing the roof or sky.
TOE TAPS ABS
- Lie on your back with your arms alongside your hips.
- Lift your legs up and bend your knees so they are right over your hips and your shins are parallel to the floor.
- Contract your belly to pull your navel to your spine. Slowly lower your right foot and leg to "tap" the floor. Keep the 90-degree bend in the knee as you lower.
- Return the right leg to the start and repeat with the left leg.
FLOOR MAT CHEST PRESS
- Lie on the mat with a dumbbell in each hand.
- Position the dumbbells at the shoulders with upper arms at about 45 degrees to the body with elbows forward of the shoulder line to avoid stress on the shoulder joint. Palms should face
forward and your thumbs should be facing center body.
- Brace the abdominal muscles, tilt the chin slightly toward the chest and ensure you are in a stable and comfortable position.
- Push the weights upward while exhaling, taking care not to lock out the elbows in an explosive movement. The weights should follow a shallow arc and almost meet over the top of the chest.
- Keep shoulder blades on the ground.
- Lower weights, muscles contracted, while inhaling and controlling the return to starting position.