Are you ready? Let's do this!
Scroll right for recipes & down for 30 minute circuit training.
> Chop up your favorite veggies and sauté over medium-low heat in healthy fat of your choice: grass fed butter, coconut oil, avocado oil.
> Scramble 3 pasture pasture raised eggs in separate bowl.
> Once veggies are soft add in eggs and cook over low heat until cooked to desired doneness.
> Top with fresh herbs, avocado, salsa, pesto, Cholula, etc...
Heath Tip: Eat the whole egg! Eggs are packed with nutrients vital to supporting our overall health and that will even help to lower the "bad cholesterol" by supporting immune function.
- Omega 3s: Supports our heart & brain.
- Carotenoids: Promotes eye health & helps prevents skin cancer.
- Choline: Promotes liver function and detoxification.
- Start in high plank and draw your right knee under your torso, keeping the toes off the ground.
- Return your right foot to starting position.
- Switch legs and bring your left knee under your chest. Keep switching legs as if you're running in place.
- Make sure shoulders are aligned with wrist
- Inhale as you slowly bend your elbows and lower yourself until your elbows are at a 90-degree angle.
- Exhale as you begin contracting your chest muscles and pushing back up through your hands to the start position.
- Don't lock out the elbows; keep them slightly bent.
SQUATS WITH WEIGHTS
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, your knees slightly bent and your abs drawn in.
- Grasp a dumbbell in each hand and hols at the side of your body.
- Squat down and descend until thighs are just past parallel to floor.
- Return to the starting position by extending your knees and hips until your legs are straight.
FRONT LUNGE WITH BICEP CURL
- Stand tall with your feet hip distance apart.
- Take a large step forward with one foot and lower your body toward the floor. Both legs should be bent at a 90-degree angle at the bottom of the lunge.
- Bring weights in towards shoulders to complete bicep curl then push off front foot and return to start.
- Alternate legs throughout set.
- Lie down on the floor placing your feet on or off the ground.
- Elevate your upper body so that it creates an imaginary V-shape with your thighs.
- Twist your torso to the right side until your arms are parallel with the floor while breathing out.
- Hold the contraction for a second and move back to the starting position while breathing out.
- Now move to the opposite side performing the same techniques you applied to the right side.
- While keeping your entire body tight, press the dumbbell overhead.
- Keep the dumbbells as close to your face (without hitting it) as possible.
- Bring the dumbbells downwards to the top of your shoulders and repeat the press.